Friday, May 25, 2012

Amy Tara Bridger Playboy Playmate

Amy Tara Bridger Playboy Playmate
Amy Tara Bridger, Ambisi Rebut PMOY 2011SA's first Playboy Playmate
It's official: the first Playboy SA Playmate has been chosen. 
With her natural beauty and girl-next-door charm, Johannesburg lass Amy Tara Bridger is the first Playmate to be featured in the launch edition of Playboy SA.
The international men's lifestyle magazine hits retail stores on Friday March 18. The inaugural edition will also showcase an unnamed local celebrity on its cover – which will only be announced at the launch of Playboy SA later this week.



In every monthly edition, Playboy readers can expect to see a local Playmate and an international Playmate featured inside, as well as a local celebrity gracing the cover.



Who is Amy?

Name: Amy Tara Bridger
Hometown: Welkom, Free State
Star Sign: Scorpio
Height: 1.7m
Occupation: Skin therapist
I never leave the house without: My party shoes!
Favourite TV Show: CSI
Dream Job: Actress
Interests: Sports, gym, modelling, cars and bikes.
Favourite holiday destination: New York or Miami
Favourite place to party: Icon, Latinova, Movida, News Cafe Sandton and Taboo.
Favourite foods: I love all foods but I’m quite fond of chicken salads.
If you could be someone for a day who would it be: Charlize Theron, I love her to bits!
Tune that gets you dancing: Rihanna - Only girl in the world
A message to your EFC AFRICA fans: See you soon!



Born in Krugersdorp, the brunette grew up in Welkom and now works as a beauty therapist in Fourways. But when the recently single Amy saw the advert for the Playboy SA casting call, she decided "to give it a go".


"My love of modelling and desire to be a part of this world of glamour and gorgeousness is what drew me to take part in the national Playboy casting call," she says.

Amy, who gets the title of Miss April in the magazine, adds she wanted to get back into modelling and was a big fan of Playboy.


“I love reading Playboy. It's a classy, sophisticated and sexy magazine and I was excited at the prospect of being featured in the magazine.”


While this may be her breakthrough modelling casting call, Amy's no stranger to the catwalk. "I started modelling in junior school but this was simply a hobby at the time."





I'm a shy girl


Describing the Playboy experience as "awesome", Amy says she didn't even prepare before the shoot took place.
"I literally just arrived at the shoot, did my thing, then walked out," she says.
This self-proclaimed shy girl said it's an amazing honour to be the country's first Playmate. 
"I didn't expect them to pick me because I thought Playboy was for blondes only. I'm happy I did it and I consider this to be such a huge honour for my modelling career." 
Amy's friends and family are "very supportive" of her. "They are behind me all the way."


While Any hasn't yet had time to adjust to the reality of landing this honour, she says she's "taking it as it comes".
“I'm hoping this will open huge doors for my career and I hope to someday pose for the US edition of Playboy too.”

On second thoughts...
After landing the job, Amy says she almost never went through with her photo shoot, in which readers will see her go topless.
"So many emotions went through my mind on the morning of the shoot, because I wasn't sure that I was doing the right thing. I knew I was going to be nude in the shoot, but I also knew that this was an amazing opportunity for me and my career and I couldn't let it slide away from me," she says.


The shoot was done in secret at a Sandton hotel and Amy says posing nude for Playboy is something she'd do again.


"I'd go topless again but I won't go fully nude. I wasn't nervous at all to take my clothes off, because the shoot was intimate and classy. The crew made me so comfortable and sexy that I wasn't fazed by the cameras at all," she admits.
So what advice does she have for other prospective Playmates? "Don't doubt yourself. I nearly did and it almost cost me. Believe in your body, be confident and go for it."


Clayton Morar is a celebrity autograph hunter. See his exploits at www.claytonmorar.com
EFC AFRICA - Extreme Fighting Championship - News Article - EFC AFRICA Ring Girl - Amy BridgerEFC AFRICA - Extreme Fighting Championship - News Article - EFC AFRICA Ring Girl - Amy Bridger
amy-tara-bridger-05
amy-tara-bridger-06


0 comments:

Post a Comment